Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour, 2 days:
Sacred valley, Machu Picchu tour, 2 days price: US$ 330 each person.
Important: We need a prepayment of US$$ 200 via PayPal in advance (once you have filled out the form bellow, we will send you our PayPal account) to buy your train tickets, and Machu Picchu ticket in advance.
Once you have done the prepayment, we will send you a code regarding your Machu Picchu ticket for printing online in no more than 48 hours.
The remaining payment will be done in Cusco city a night before your leaving from Cusco city.
– Huayna Picchu mountain or Machu Picchu mountain costs an extra: US$ 60 – payment in advance via PayPal.
– Discount for students only having a ” valid university student card” until 25 years old: US$ 20.
After this classic 2 days tour you will be able to add another one day activity like the Rainbow mountain tour or the recently popular Humantay lake tour.
If you do not want to hike the 2 hours uphill to Rainbow mountain or the Humantay lake, you still have another option walking only 30 minutes to see three “Rainbow mountains” along the Palccoyo valley in the Palccoyo mountain tour.
Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour, 2 days itinerary:
Day 1 is about: Chinchero, the Salt mines, Moray, Sacred Valley, and Ollantaytambo.-
You will be pick up at 6:40 am so the bus leaves at 7:00 am from Cusco city along the very highlands of Cusco to Chinchero located at 3800 masl where you will see gigantic stones fitted together, and a church built on a Inca temple, afterwards you will head to the salt mines of Maras, which comprises over 3000 “dirt pits” where the Andean communtity still extracts salt since pre inca-time.
The next spot next spot will be the terraces of Moray which was an Inca “farming laboratory” used to acclimatize and improve Andean crops.
You still take the bus for 1, and half more hours to Urubamba town for lunch, so after lunch one more hour by bus to Ollantaytambo, which is about gigantic stones fitted together by the Sun temple, farming terraces, Inca houses, etc.
This town seems to be the “Second Cusco town, a mixed of Inca stone walls, and Spanish style houses”, afterwards you will stay in Ollantaytambo town until 6:00 pm because the train leaves at 7:00 pm from Ollantaytambo town to Aguas Calientes town.
The transfer will wait for you at Aguas Calientes town to take you to the your accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
Day 2 is about: Machu Picchu, and the Sunrise in the morning.-
The best option to go to Machu Picchu very early in the morning also to enjoy the Sunrise over there.
Machu Picchu tour itinerary:
The tour guide will pick you up from your accommodation at 5:00 am to take the bus from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu citadel at 5:30 am for 30 minutes.
Machu Picchu site is open at 6:00 am so during the tour you will pass by important sites for 3 hours accompanied by an official tour guide in a group of 10 people maximum, afterwards you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes town.
You have to go to the train station 30 minutes before the departure time, which is at 2:55 pm taking 1 hour, and 45 minutes to get to Ollantaytambo town, where a bus will take you back to Cusco city arriving at 7:00 pm.
What is included?
– Tour guide.
– Transport, a minibus of 21 people.
– Ticket for 4 sites (Chinchero, Salt mines, Moray, and Ollantaytambo).
– A buffet lunch in Urubamba.
– Train service from Ollantaytambo town to Aguas Calientes town (Machu picchu town).
– A regular hostel in Aguas Calientes, a single room with a private bathroom.
– Bus service round trip from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu citadel.
– Machu Picchu ticket.
– Tour guide for Machu Picchu citadel.
– Train service from Aguas Calientes town to Ollantaytambo town.
– Bus service from Ollantaytambo town to Cusco city.
What do you need to take with you?
– Original passport for the check point at Machu Picchu citadel.
– Original University student card, if it is required.
– Light clothing, Machu Picchu is at 2450 masl.
– Toiletries (soap, towel at hostel).
– Snacks, bottled water (2 liters each day).
– Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat.
– Insect repellent, there are mosquitoes around Machu Picchu area.